|We have developed these services for olive growers and olive oil mills
based on our experience supporting the needs of our customers during
the growing and harvest seasons.
What services do we provide?
For olive growers we provide olive fruit testing to adjust time of
harvest and agronomic practices:
- Olive fruit oil and moisture content assessment for optimal
- Olive fruit quality testing (acidity and/or polyphenols) prior to
For olive oil millers we provide:
- Olive fruit testing: evaluates oil and moisture content n the
fruit prior to oil extraction. Free acidity and total phenols
testing are also available. .
- Extraction yield measures the ratio in oil content between
olive fruit and pomace.
- Olive Pomace testing measures oil and moisture content for
downstream uses such as composting or pomace oil
For millers and producers, to assist in the periodic calibration of
near-infrared (NIR) and other instruments
- Calibration verification provides reference measurements to
adjust or correct instruments reading oil and water content in
fruit, and olive oil quality parameters such as free acidity,
peroxide, ultraviolet absorbency and polyphenols.
|How to submit samples for analysis?
- Collect and label your samples. You may download 2x4 Labels.
- Fill out a submission form to identify each sample, provide your
contact information and any additional data for the analysis report.
Download Submission Form.
- Enclose payment. See Price List .
Contact us to coordinate shipping and processing, as prompt analysis is
recommended (24-48 hours).
|How should samples be collected?
- Olive fruit samples should be collected in large zip-loc bags and
kept in a cool container or a refrigerator. About 1 lb of fruit is
sufficient. Contact us to discuss a suitable sampling strategy. .
- Olive pomace (also known as “mash”) samples should be collected
in large zip-loc bags. Use double bags for safety, since water
content tends to be high. About 1 lb is sufficient.
- NIR Instrument calibration samples may consist of olive oil and/or
ground olive fruit paste. It is recommended to submit several
samples spanning a range of result values (high and low), and read
all samples on your instrument prior to shipping for analysis.
- For ground olive fruit, follow the same recommendations
above for olive fruit samples.
- For olive oil samples, submit (at least) 50 ml in a glass
Please Contact us for further information.
Services for Olive Growers and Mills